From the Director: Update 4/14/20
In accordance with the governor’s mandate and to ensure the health of our members and guests in regard to the recent spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are continuing our closure to the public until June 10. We will re-assess our public interactions weekly and watch for Virginia updates.
While there is no evidence of staff, our members, or to our current knowledge, the general public in our immediate area testing positive for COVID-19, we feel we may be putting our members, guests, and their families at risk in a public area that may become difficult to monitor and sterilize.
- All staff continue to work remotely and our members can reach each of us by email.
- We are also continuing our programs online. Take a virtual field trip, or find children activities with us by going to the Peace Out(side) tab on our main page or visit our Facebook and Instagram pages. Invite the kids to come along!
- Trail maps can be purchased at the Front Desk of the Mountain Inn.
- We will continue to temporarily make our trail map available for free online on our website.
- NEW! April 11 Plant Sale was a great success thanks to those who ordered ahead of time. We had orders ready and had walk-in (outside) customers picking up plants. We will continue taking orders via email to Doug Coleman at email@example.com or by calling 434-325-7452. We will set your plants aside at the Greenhouse for pick up after hours. Note: Native Plant List (click here for list).
- It’s a great time to be outdoors hiking on our 30 mile hiking trail system, but be prepared to step aside and maintain social distance when others are encountered.
Thank you for helping by being responsible.
The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen
THE NATURE FOUNDATION AT WINTERGREEN ENCOURAGES AND ENHANCES UNDERSTANDING, APPRECIATION, AND CONSERVATION OF THE NATURAL AND CULTURAL RESOURCES OF THE BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS OF VIRGINIA.
The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen is an independently managed and financed 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that cooperates with property owners, businesses, and the Wintergreen Resort. Our programs are open to anyone who wishes to take part and enjoy nature!
Support The Nature Foundation Today & experience members benefits
Become A Member
Go outside & play
Our trail system covers an assortment of terrain throughout its 35 miles. There are both rugged, steep slopes as well as beautiful, short strolls most anyone can enjoy.
Grow native plants
Preserving while enhancing the natural beauty of the land is a goal of those who garden using native plants. The Nature Foundation is a leader in making it easier and fun.
Check out our latest bi-annual newsletter for more information on the work we do at Wintergreen, tips for protecting and caring for the wildlife on your property, updates on our membership, activities for children, and much more!