We’re excited to share this short video below highlighting TNFW’s important role as guarantor of Wintergreen’s exceptional balance between human and natural environments in keeping with the founders’ original vision.
The effects of global ecological change, population growth and increased demand for the Nature Foundation at Wintergreen (TNFW) programs is driving the need to augment our existing endowment to prepare us to meet the future. Your TNFW board has embarked on a $4 million Endowment 2025 campaign. This increased endowment will help us become a world-class environmental organization with the financial strength to thrive for decades. We hope, even in these stressful times, that we can count on the support of our dedicated members, property owners, Wintergreen resort guests and those concerned about protecting our Central Blue Ridge environment for this transformational campaign.
Memberships and generous annual gifts do support our on-going operations and these are extremely necessary. But we must look beyond annual budget cycles to build a stronger endowment to assure TNFW’s future and its benefits for us and those who will follow us.
We are already off to a great start! You may recall our previous announcement of a generous $1 million donation. It comes with a challenge: the first half of that is an outright donation to TNFW’s Endowment 2025; the other half is a matching gift challenge. We need to raise $500,000 by October 2021 to receive that other half million. Your help is critical to enable us to meet this challenge and create a durable and sustainable TNFW.
A gift to the Endowment 2025 enables us to:
- Increase our ability to monitor and preserve the thousands of acres of Wintergreen mountain forests and open space
- Select and sponsor research by universities and scientists to improve our understanding of the unique Central Blue Ridge Mountain ecosystem, including effects of accelerating rates of ecological change
- Support area students and school systems by providing hands-on environmental and science education programs; and
- Increase our lecture series, field trips, and naturalist-led hikes for life-long learners of all ages.
- Yes, I’m interested in learning more about Endowment 2025 — please tell us how best to contact you at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am ready to make a Leadership gift: Contact Doug Coleman at email@example.com or 434-325-7452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am ready to make a donation now.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Rob Pritchard, President, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen
John Claman, Chair, Endowment 2025 Campaign
Please see TNFW’s full Endowment 2025 video below describing our vision for the future. It showcases TNFW’s conservation, research and education mission to preserve the natural heritage of our Central Blue Ridge Mountains for generations to come.
Endowment 2025 Committee
John Claman, Chair